Download K-Lite Codec Pack Standard
The Standard variant of the codec pack is what we recommend for the average user. It contains the advanced player MPC-HC plus all the essential codecs needed for multimedia playback. It is small and powerful.
More information about this variant of the codec pack can be found on the about, contents, and changelog pages.
Version 10.7.5 Standard ~ 20.6 MB ~ September 23rd 2014
- Updated MPC-HC to version 220.127.116.11
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.62-46-g4bbcf5c
- Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 5.9.1
- Updated Icaros to version 2.2.7 b2
- Added support for hardware accelerated decoding of HEVC/H.265 video. Because all currently available hardware does not yet contain a fixed-function decoder for HEVC, the current implementation utilizes the general shader and video processing units of the GPU. As a result the performance is lower and power consumption higher than you might expect. Future hardware will contain a fixed-function decoder and provide better acceleration. At this moment the decoder only works with high-end Intel (HD 4600/5x00/6x00) and NVIDIA (GTX 680/780/870/880/Titan) GPUs. Latest graphics driver is also required.
Size: 21.147 KB
Since version 10.0.0 this package contains both 32-bit and 64-bit codecs. It is no longer necessary to install 64-bit codecs separately.
Download links for old versions of the K-Lite Codec Pack can be found HERE.